Transitional Housing

abstract homeTransitional Housing funds are available to provide transitional housing assistance and other qualified expenses for survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking who are fleeing violence and for whom emergency shelter is not available or is insufficient.

The Idaho Transitional Housing Project directs its resources towards individuals with the highest need, with special consideration for survivors of domestic or dating violence, sexual violence, and/or stalking who are from traditionally marginalized and/or underserved populations, which may include, but are not limited to, survivors with limited English proficiency, survivors who have been resettled as refugees, survivors who are undocumented, LGBTQ survivors, survivors with a physical or mental disability, or survivors from rural communities with little low-cost housing or employment opportunities.

The project’s goal is to transition survivors into permanent housing.

Additional Q and A information from the TH FAQ document may be found in the linked document below.

What are the eligibility requirements for a survivor to access transitional housing funds?
A: Short-term housing will be available for adult survivors and their children and/or dependents who is/are homeless and in need of transitional housing or other housing assistance as a result of fleeing a situation of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, and/or stalking, and for whom emergency shelter services are not available or sufficient. This person may or may not be transitioning out of shelter, looking for housing, or already in a living situation, but would benefit from additional stability.
What can transitional housing funds be requested for?
A: Transitional housing funds may be requested for qualifying survivors to pay for rental payment, application fees, credit report fees, related expenses, utilities, and in very limited cases, security deposits (after completing Agreement & Certification Form). Funds may not be used to help directly pay for mortgages or to pay late payments or related late fees. Funds may not be used to pay for hotel stays.
Programs and partnering organizations accessing transitional housing funds must agree and certify that survivors will be offered voluntary supportive services. Survivors who are receiving housing assistance choose which support services to access, if any.

Programs and partnering organizations working to access these funds may not be receiving transitional housing funds through OVW.

A brief description of each transitional housing document/form has been included below indicating how and why the form is used. After reviewing these documents, please contact Lacey with all questions. Forms may be revised internally by the Idaho Coalition as needed; program and community organizations should only use the linked documents below as they will be the most up-to-date documents.

click to view transitional housing forms and descriptions

  • ACH Vendor Enrollment Form
    We encourage all vendors and partners to sign up to receive invoice payments through ACH (Automated Clearing House), if you have not already done so with us. Using ACH, the reimbursement will be deposited directly into a checking account specified to your program or organization. This is a convenient and fast form of invoice payment. Please note: All payments for reimbursements must be approved prior to payment. You are not guaranteed reimbursement under this program; please contact the Idaho Coalition prior to initial payment to ensure you will be reimbursed for the payments you make on a survivor’s behalf.
  • Transitional Housing FAQs
    This document will answer frequently asked questions regarding Transitional Housing; the FAQs will be updated as needed with additional questions that come through our office. We ask that programs and organizations read this these question and answers before entering a survivor into the TH program.
  • TH Agreement Certification Form
    This form must be read and signed ensuring that the program or organization accessing TH funds has read and understands the program description and the conditions set forth for accessing the funds. This form must be completed prior to being approved to access TH funds.
  • TH Initial Amount Request Form
    This form is meant to be completed and submitted to the Idaho Coalition. The request form will be approved or denied based on eligibility and availability of funds. Program or organization will complete the Request Amount Form and also the Support Services Verification Form (once per survivor), both of which are included in the Initial Amount Request Form document.
  • TH Supplemental Information Form
    This form is recommended for programs and organizations to submit per survivor but is not a requirement. Upon receiving the initial request funds, we encourage survivors to complete this form as a supplemental document solely to identify demographic of survivors, children, and other dependents. This information will not be used to determine future fund approvals.
  • TH Monthly Invoice
    This form is required to submitted by the 15th of each month for Idaho Coalition approved requests. Invoices must include the following information before invoice will be approved and processed for reimbursement: survivor ID #(s) and description indicating what the transitional housing funds request is for (i.e. rental or utilities payment, security deposits, and other cost incidentals/related expenses). Reimbursement is not guaranteed unless you have received prior approval from the Idaho Coalition.
  • TH Survivor Exit Form (available soon)
    The Survivor Exit Form is required to be submitted once the individual leaves, withdrawals, or is terminated from the program (please contact the Idaho Coalition prior to terminating any survivor from the transitional housing program). The Exit Form must be completed and submitted only after the survivor/victim has exited because they completed the program, no longer needed transitional housing, reached the maximum length of stay allowed, or if survivor was evicted or asked to leave the program prior to completion.

Lacey Sinn

Please contact Lacey by email if your program or organization has transitional housing questions or if you are working with a survivor who is eligible to access transitional housing funds and would like to begin the process of requesting/accessing these funds.