Stories have the power to shape the future. We cannot become what we cannot imagine! By creating and sharing our stories and listening to each other, we will discover the possibilities of our collective future, a whole thriving world.
Stories of Our Collective Future is a campaign created for middle school/junior high and high schools and features the art of Cristy C Road, a Cuban American illustrator. Each poster asks youth a question to spark the imagining of a collective future, a whole thriving world.
Order FREE campaign materials today for your school, youth organization, or community by clicking here (materials will be ready for shipping by January 30th). All materials are FREE as long as supplies last.
Idaho middle school/junior high and high school students are invited to create an original poem that tells a story in 100 words or less about Our Collective Future: a future where everyone is valued for their whole authentic selves, everyone is safe, and everyone can thrive. Choose from one of the five prompts – Collective Thriving, Authentic Love, Belonging, Cooperation, or Healing.
Let’s create an emergent genre of stories about the future we want – stories that grasp the struggle that we must undertake, grounded in the reality of our world today and our vision for tomorrow.
> Writing Challenge Prompts and Submission Rules and Guidelines
Ten students selected to read their story at Tree Fort Music Festival Storyfort. Travel costs covered for student authors and one adult chaperone.
- $100 awarded to each of the top 10 selections for middle school/junior high school and the high school categories.
- $25 gift cards will be awarded for each of the 100 or more of the top writings selected for publication for the middle school/junior high school and the high school books to be released in April 2020.
All published works will list the author, teacher, and school. A book of the published works will be distributed to Idaho’s middle/junior high schools and high schools. Make sure your school is represented!
Submission: Submit your poems HERE by February 28th.
Art connects us to ourselves and each other. Art connects us to ideas and action. Art connects the past, the present and the future. We cannot become what we cannot imagine! Visions of our collective future will connect us to the possibilities of a whole, thriving world.
Idaho middle school/junior high and high school students are invited to create an original piece of visual art that tells a story about Our Collective Future: a future where everyone is valued for their whole authentic selves, everyone is safe, and everyone can thrive.
Submissions should be approximately 8 x 10″ (or any similar ratio) vertical to fit the format of the poetry book for publication.
> Art Challenge Submission Rules and Guidelines.
- $500 awarded to 1 artist from middle school/junior high and 1 artist from high school and published as the cover art for the Stories of Our Collective Future anthology to be released April 2020.
- $100 awarded to each of the top 10 selections for middle school/junior high school and the high school categories and published in the middle school/junior high school and the high school Stories of Our Collective Future to be released in April 2020.
Submission: Submit your art HERE by March 30th.
Story Circle’s strengthen community interconnectedness. Hearing each other’s stories and telling our own will help us rediscover and rebuild our relationships to each other and move us towards collective thriving.
Through stories, we expand our capacity for empathy, build authentic connection to others, and cultivate hope for a world rooted in interdependence, resilience, and regeneration.
Learn how to do a Story Circle by downloading the Story Circle Guide.
Idaho middle school/junior high and high school students are invited to participate in a Story Circle and submit an essay (500 words or less) or video (5 minutes or less) reflection on the impact.
> Story Circle Challenge Submission Rules and Guidelines.
- $500 (up to five awards) – School-Wide Submission (over 75% of the student body needs to have participated in a story circle.)
- $250 (up to ten awards) – Youth Organization/Classroom/Club (i.e. English, Art, Debate, or any class or club)
- $250 (up to ten awards) – Individual
All submissions must score over 80 points to be eligible for an award. All individuals, classes or schools who enter the Our Collective Future Story Circle Challenge and score over 80 points will receive a t-shirt!
Submission: Submit your reflections HERE by April 30th.