Adolescent Relationship Abuse & Sexual Assault
If we want to transform our communities and out-think adolescent relationship abuse and sexual assault, we need more than fresh ideas: we need individuals and communities who are driven to create change.
1 in 5 women who experience rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner, first experienced some form of violence between 11 and 17 years of age. And almost half of all female victims who have been raped experienced their first rape before age 18. (Centers for Disease Control, 2011).
Embrace adolescents and change the future. Young people need the knowledge and skills for healthy relationships and positive bystander skills as a way to end adolescent relationship abuse and abuse later in life. Most importantly, young people need to be part of the solution.
- Learning Communities
- Community Educators
- Educational Systems
- Capacity Building Trainings
Social Change Campaigns
- 2012 Love What’s Real
- 2011 Love What’s Real
- National Dating Abuse Helpline at 1-866-331-9474 (1-866-331-84 53 TTY), visit www.loveisrespect.org, or chat online from 4pm-12am CST. You can launch the live chat by clicking LIVE CHAT bubble.
- Idaho Teen Dating Abuse & Sexual Assault Legal Chatline – 1-855-256-1970 or text 1-208-908-2357
- Adolescent Risk Behaviors: Why teens experiment and strategies to keep them safe, David Wolfe, Peter Jaffe & Claire Crooks, Yale University Press (2006)
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Your Adolescent: Emotional, Behavioral, and Cognitive Development from Early Adolescence Through the Teen Years. New York: Harper Collins, 1999.
- American Psychological Association (APA). Developing Adolescents: A Reference for Professionals. Washington, DC: APA, 2002.
- Join the Club: How Peer Pressure Can Transform the World, Tina Rosenberg (2012)
- LAMBDA Youth OUTreach services for lesbian, gay, transgender, and bisexual youth
- MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- “Adolescent Development,” Medical Encyclopedia.
- National Crime Prevention Council. Reaching and Serving Teen Victims: 2005.
- Teens and Trauma: This site is intended as a self-help tool for teens who have experienced any kind of trauma.